General Data Protection Regulation: Information for SWRC members
Our online membership database is hosted by Membermojo at membermojo.co.uk/swrc
In data protection terms Membermojo is the data processor for SWRC member data, and the club’s membership secretary is the data controller.
- What personal data is stored - the personal data that needs to be held for SWRC is defined on the membership form.
- Gaining consent - the membership and renewal forms include 'accept terms' fields that must be ticked before the form completes. Membermojo stores the date that the application, and therefore the consent, was completed.
- Where data is stored - all servers and backups are hosted in secure UK facilities.
- How data is protected - Membermojo provides security and access controls for your member data.
- How long data is kept for - personal data is retained for six months after the renewal deadline and then transferred to an archive outside the membership database if no renewal is completed. Membermojo also provides functions that assist members and administrators to exercise individual rights under GDPR.
- Right to access - members can sign in to view their own personal data using the web address above and their email address.
- Right to rectification - members can sign in and amend their own personal data.
- Right to Erasure - administrators can securely delete personal data for members requesting their data be erased. Erasing a member will remove their member record and anonymise any activity and (optionally) payment records.