Audax events in the SWRC have really gained in popularity over the last few years. We now have some very experienced long distance riders among our numbers but there is still plenty of room for others to join in the wonderful branch of cycling.
The SWRC clubruns are perfect training for members who want to take part in audax events. If clubruns are ride – eat – ride, then think of an audax event as more like ride – eat – ride – eat – ride. It’s a win-win scenario.
SWRC will pay your Audax Association membership, subject to completing 3 registered audax rides in the year
Events start from a little as 100km or 65 miles. The maximum winter event is 200km. After Easter events increase in distance.
Some Useful Links below:
- Rookie to Randonneur: Diary of my First Audax
- Audax explained
- Audax the basics
- Current Calendar of UK events
- This years big event in the UK is London-Edinburgh-London
- Some more events around the world.
- Damon Peacock video Watch a few of Damon’s audax videos to get an idea what it’s all about.